Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

You know those days when you just feel like you've lost a part of your life? Well, I do. And the past week or so have been lacking in a sincerely vital part of human existence: SLEEP. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, 'tis just a fact that sleep is needed. But between exams, job searching, exams, prom, exams, drivers' ed (yeah, I know, it's late), exams, plays and their parties, exams, Ghana Rock, exams, and other things such as exams, there isn't much time for vital functions such as eating and sleeping.
However, in this hectic few weeks before my summer officially begins, I've been reminded of a few things.
First, patience and self-control are very good things to have not only to deal with others, but also with one's self. Without them, you'll do silly things like allow yourself to become unnecessarily stressed, and possibly contract Shingles. Lemme just inform the world right now: no matter what anyone says, having Shingles is not a fun experience.
Secondly, just when life seems the darkest, is when it is bound to become the brightest. Perhaps I'm wrong on this one, but the way the world works is that the dark comes just before the morning...so why wouldn't life work the same way? I'll admit that in this case my analogy might be a bit skewed, but bear with me...the darkness in my life is my personal "calm before the storm". Why is this, you may ask? Because think about the power and beauty behind a thunder storm. Have you ever really taken the time to sit through the cool, whistling breezes before a storm? If not, take the time to, and then sit back and watch the skies unfold and the clouds roll as thunder, lightning, and rain strike the earth with a terrifying strength. In my opinion, a thunder storm is a divine display of our Savior's ultimate power. When I see a thunder storm, I can only imagine God's thought process...I feel like He must have a stunning smile on His face as His power is displayed in some of the most powerful forces of nature. In short, I believe that a storm is a huge tool for God to show Himself.
And that's what I want to be; I want to be God's "thunderstorm". I want to be someone that He can use to display His supreme power and beauty; and, if that means going through a few rough patches (the "calm"), so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment